This pressure cleaner works in all in-ground pools, and requires a booster pump. It features an tri-wheel, belt drive mechanism that provides greater vacuum power and faster cleaning (3 hours or less). Powered by jets,this cleaner sweeps, scrubs and vacuums the bottom, walls and steps of the pool and holds debris in its single chamber filter bag. Its unique filter bag removes debris before it reaches your pump basket or filter, prolonging the life of your filtration system.
- Pressure cleaner do their job independently. With no supervision, these underwater vacuums will navigate your pool floor regardless of its shape
- Everything is trapped in the unit, very little is left within your pool's filter, allowing you to cut back filter cleaning by as much as 80%. Save up to 75% of annual maintenance expenses by reducing pool filter use, chemical consumption, environmental backwashing hazard, water waste, & heat loss
- Powerful pressure-side pool cleaner for all in-ground pools and easily connects to a dedicated pressure line
- Pressure cleaning keeps the skimmer free to remove surface debris and contaminants for cleaner pools
- Runs independently off the power of its own booster pump (Booster Pump Sold Separately)
- Collects debris before it reaches the pump basket and filter to reduce filter cleaning and prolong the life of your pool’s filtration system
- Color: Grey
- Type: Pressure Pool Cleaner
- Hose Length: 31ft
- Filter Bag Included: Yes
- Requirement: Booster Pump for Operation
- Pressure Pool Cleaner
I purchased this XtremepowerUS Pressure Side Pool Cleaner to replace an ancient Polaris pressure side cleaner. Frankly, I was tired of the Polaris constantly breaking down. Labor is expensive where I live, so it was cheaper for me to just purchase a new cleaner. This unit comes with the 3-wheel pressure side cleaner, one sand and silt bag, one sweep tail hose, about 30 feet of feed hose, three swivel adapters, several floats, the quick-release wall attachment with filter.Just like other pressure side cleaners, this cleaner works by having water flow through the unit into three directions; the sweeper tail, the drive mechanism, and the venturi. 1) The sweeper tail is attached to the back of the cleaner, that lifts debris up off the floor and provides light scrubbing. 2) The drive mechanism drives the water pressure through a series of ports and gears that drive the unit around the pool in a random pattern, through the unit's built-in back up valve, and ending in the thrust jet on the back of the cleaner. 3) This uint uses three ports on the bottom to create a venturi effect to suck up leaves and other debris up into the catch bag, as the unit rolls around the pool. The built-in back-up valve reverses the flow every few minutes to change the cleaning pattern and remove the cleaner from possible obstacles.This unit does require a booster pump.Just like any pressre side cleaner, one should adjust the thrust jet for your pool and your needs. I recommend setting the thrust jet to 11:00, but others may find that the 1:00 o'clock setting is better for their pool. Of course, one should ensure that the length of the hose is appropriate for your pool. Yes, it is difficult to get most of these style cleaners to get to your steps and loveseats. I usually just hit these with a brush or net regularly to keep them clean.Overall this cleaner has performed well through the whole season in a heavily wooded area (many leaves). It was cheaper to just buy this inexpensive unit than to continue to repair my old polaris. If money is no object, I would probably recommend a more expensive unit. If you are just interested in a clean pool, this unit does the trick.
I've had 2 Polaris pool sweep in the past and this product works 95% as well at half the price. Works for me.
Have had it for about 2mos, no problems. Works great.