The purpose of a check valve is to force water in a pipe to flow in one direction only, and also to prevent gravity draining of water in the filter, pump and pipes, when the pump shuts off. They are also used to keep raised spas, fountains or solar heaters full of water, when the pump shuts off, again to prevent gravity draining. Check valve (one-way valve) to prevent backflow in swimming pool / spa lines. The clear design lets you see if cleaning is needed, and the union couplings allow disassembly for cleaning.
- Ideal for forcing water in a pipe to flow in one direction
- Great for preventing gravity draining of water in the filter, pump, and pipes
- Used to keep raised Spa, fountains or solar heaters full of water
- Prevent backflow in swimming pool and Spa line
- Easy to see with clear design
- Help reduce motor and pump noise from plumbing system
- Designed for both horizontal and vertical usage
- Color: White/Clear
- Fitting Size: 2" PVC
- Usage Design: Horizontal or Vertical
- Check Valve
replaced broken check valve with this. a few hours of work by yourself if your pipe is complex, or have a pro do it... save money on the part.
Durable design. Transparent body a plus. High cost.
I like the fact it is clear so I can verify the flapper is in track & not stuck. The original one installed with my pool stuck and it took the repair man 1/1/2 hrs to figure out what was wrong. Won't happen with this one!